Vital Social Issues n' Stuff with Kelley Anne

Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Y


Wow. I just got back from my second "Cardio Dance" class at the Y. It was an 80's theme tonight which was such fun with songs like "Jesse's Girl" to "The Right Stuff" to "Wake me Up Before You Go-Go". We even did "Thriller" for the cool down. I felt like I was in the movie "13 Going on 30" or something?!


I joined the Y for the first time this year and I'm so thankful I did! I attended Y camp as a kid "Camp Queen Elizabeth". I actually worked there for two summers. Okay and I guess I did swimming lessons at the Y when I was a kid-- the changeroom was always a frightening place-- but this is the first time I've had a gym membership there complete with cardio dance classes!


An interesting thing about the Y is that when it was founded it was a leading Christian movement of campus evangelism.
The pic is of my friend Lee, who's also started getting back into the gym! She's going like "gangbusters!" as you can plainly see from her photo.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This sounds like fun. Maybe I should join the Y!

3:23 PM  
Blogger The Barretts said...

It does sound like fun, Margaret!

I used to go to the Y at home. Mostly I did cardio & weights. Good times...

4:40 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

KELLEY!!! wow...a gym membership... gym's really scare me... A LOT! I'm glad you're enjoying it! It was SO GOOD to see you at WC!! Take care.

11:28 PM  
Blogger jammer said...

i love the 80's music. aaaand i love doing those classes - such a good workout! way to go.

1:19 AM  
Blogger K & G said...

ehheeh... we're joining the Y here in Calgary next week too. Kent used to go to the one downtown in Euclair and it was BEAUTIFUL, but now we have to go to the one up closer to our new house in the NE. There's no other gyms up there yet because it's a new development, but the Y is in a catholic high school. It's funny because they say it's total 'ghetto' and for low income families so it's cheap (hey, that works for us - can't beat 15 bux a month) but the gal who works there cautioned that we go together, as there's NO females that attend and it can be a bit sketchy. So yeah, we're pretty pumped about going :P Anyways, enjoy your YMCA :) I'm sure it'll be a lot nicer than ours.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Lee-Ann said...

You know... I see a lot of comments here, yet none of them mention how good I look in that picture. All that work for nothing.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home