Vital Social Issues n' Stuff with Kelley Anne

Sunday, January 21, 2007

A Year

So I realize I've been "blogging" for a year. And like other "bloggettes" that I know, namely Janette and Jill, I'm wondering whether or not I should keep it up. And if I do-- should I change the template, format etc. etc. One of the reasons I started the blog was because I was pretty much addicted to Kirsten and The Barrett's and I thought I'd have some fun with it. And I hate email.

Before I started I recall thinking I'd just end up using it for evil so should I bother? I don't want to cultivate evil in my life. But sadly, I think I have succeeded a bit with that with this very blog.
And I should be seeking to eliminate evil in my life. Perhaps a kinder blog where everyone who reads it are my favourites of the week... where I talk about what God's talking to me about... Hmmm.


________________________________________________________________

Forrester: Paragraph three starts...with a conjunction, "and." You should never start a sentence with a conjunction.
Jamal: Sure you can.
Forrester: No, it's a firm rule.
Jamal: No, it was a firm rule. Sometimes using a conjunction at the start of a sentence makes it stand out. And that may be what the writer's trying to do.
Forrester: And what is the risk?
Jamal: Doing it too much. It's a distraction. And it could give your piece a run-on feeling. But for the most part, the rule on using "and" or "but" at the start of a sentence is pretty shaky. Even though it's still taught by too many professors. Some of the best writers have ignored that rule for years, including you.

-Finding Forrester, 2000
(check out the soundtrack for that cool "Somewhere Over the Rainbow/It's a Wonderful World" song by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole)

7 Comments:

Blogger drich4 said...

wow! you just quoted my favourite movie of all time! we used that song for one of our story of the souls back in calgary project.

Dan

10:23 PM  
Blogger The Barretts said...

Please don't ever start blogging! I love your blog :)

9:16 AM  
Blogger K & G said...

hehe I like Sarah's comment... am I the only one who caught that?

6:34 PM  
Blogger The Barretts said...

Whoops...I mean don't ever STOP blogging! hehehe..

7:17 PM  
Blogger Kelley Anne said...

thanks sarah!
(giselle: good eye!)

10:41 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Kelley, I enjoy reading your blog everyday, or at least checking to see if you've posted. Perhaps it's time for a new look, and I'm always glad to see people posting about what God is doing in their lives.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Bryan said...

I read you blog and I enjoyed being in your top 5 people, even if it was just because I was pestering you.

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home