Vital Social Issues n' Stuff with Kelley Anne

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

"Sunday Night is the New Saturday Night"


The other night a friend quipped "Sunday night is the new saturday night" as friends were planning a get together and Sunday was the only available option... and you know what? Lately it's true. My personal past four Sunday nights have far outweighed my Saturday nights in fun quotient, people get together and atomosphere.

Sun. Feb. 19: "Jack and Jill" shower for my dear friends Sarah and Jamin Barrett. http://www.halifaxbarretts.blogspot.com/ It was my first co-ed baby shower and it was great!

Sun. Feb. 12: Snow storm in Halifax. Party with my small group cancelled for weather conditions (but hey, even that get together was planned for Sunday night). I get the phone call: "Want to come outside and play?" YES I DO! And out to play we went! Rodney and I met up with Emma at the Commons, where we met Sarah and Christine and Wyatt and Geoff and soon more car loads were to follow! We tobogganed down the Citadel Hill. I couldn't tell you the last time I tobogganed... A beautiful night with the new feet of snow, not too cold and to top it off hot chocolate at Carolyn's!

Sun. Feb. 5: I don't really remember that Sunday night... but oh, it must have been fun!

Sun. Jan. 29: Goodbye party for Jocelyn at Gareth's. Oh what a party! Great food, great place, great tribute to Joc, pics, props, prayer and a poem. And a whole lotta Feist! The after party was the most fun... dance dance dance!

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, I think I know your "quipping" friend! She used the same line on me! :) You sure know how to live it up on Sunday night!

2:38 PM  
Blogger The Barretts said...

Sunday night was so fun! Since I'm finished work, every night is the new Saturday night for me! Bring on the Sundays!!

7:43 AM  
Blogger JWo said...

This is true... for me and Deb, Sunday nights are always at her parents, but then we invite people over and have a lot of fun. For the guys, this means the LAN party! ;)

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't EVERY night the new "saturday night" when you're involved?! I thought you single-handedly bring the fun quotient up? (not sure if this is a statement or a real question).

I'm glad I found your blog. I didn't even know you had one. If you can blog, why can't u email?

I had a blog once ... but then i didn't update for 3 months and i forgot my username. A shame really, b/c I have some good material coming off of Tland.

Guess who??

5:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey question (this is fully going to give me away here) ...

but did one half of "the barretts" go to Cton?

Just curious.

(for the record, i actually just saw the link for your blog from JWong's blog ... it wasn't like i was looking up your name on google randomly or something. serious. i wasn't.)

5:42 AM  
Blogger Kelley Anne said...

hey there "anonymous" stalker... I know you've been trying to track my down and you did it! Nice sleuth work. Yes... one of the Barrett's spent a little time at Carelton-- on their co-op I think. And yes they checked out CRU. Hey! Who's the new Beyonce... we've gotta find one... she's pretty sketch these days! Did you get my letter?

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kelley-Ann,

I sure did and I wanted to thank you for it! :) Thanks for the bling too ... didn't know you were rolling in the dough like that. Guess what i bought with it? Thai pants. You know those ones that're huge and that fold over? Well, i didn't spend all of it on that ... i think some of it may have gone towards a mango shake or two ;) But i really appreciated your letter ... it was a great surprise! :)

I saw Beyonce's new CD in Disney ... it definitely is sketch. Whatever happened to "i'm not gonna compromise my Christianity!" (Survivor). DONC!

You know who the new Beyonce is? Mariah. I'm really ashamed to say this, but i actually like that one song ... "It's like that y'all, it's like that y'all, it's like tha-tha-tha-that it's like that y'all" ... um, i don't know any of the other lyrics. It's probably also sketch considering it's Mariah-nervous-break-down-Carey.

But I highly recommend the Curious George soundtrack. Pure chill with Mr. Johnson himself. So good. A girl in our family has it.

I'm glad i'm listed as "anonymous" b/c i'm so ashamed to admit that i like a Mariah Carey song. I feel dirty. Like I just rolled over in a mudpit dirty. Anyway, i'll be checking your blog regularly. I still don't get why you don't write emails if you blog ;)

- Your friendly local anonymous poster-man.

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home