Vital Social Issues n' Stuff with Kelley Anne

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Monkey's and other animals

Right now the new musical artist in my life is Gary Jules.

Lines like: "the monkey's in my heart are rattling their cages" are too much yet somehow I get him. Maybe it's just monkey, not monkeys... I'm too tired to look it up.

The lesson today for the little girls at Sunday school was how God made the animals: monkeys and all. They all love animals. Me not so much. I started out with: "Today we were going to talk about how God made the animals but you guys probabley don't care about animals right?" and they all shrieked in protest. They care about animals so much. It was a good class.

We also talked about how nothing is impossible for God (Luke 1:37) and for an assignment they had to write out one impossible thing they wanted to trust God with this week. One girl in grade two wrote that "Cassidy wouldn't be mean to me". She asked me how to spell "mean". I know from former pictures she's drawn for me, of Cassidy and me and her as cats, that they used to be friends. You forget how mean kids can be and maybe that's why animals become such treasured companions.

4 Comments:

Blogger SLH said...

I had a pet chicken once...

9:34 AM  
Blogger Kelley Anne said...

that's not surprising ;)
(have you ever seen "The Power of One"? P.K. had a pet chicken too)

6:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think I want to teach little girls Sunday School. You would be the "funnest" teacher, Kelley Anne. :)

7:09 PM  
Blogger It's My DLu! said...

is that wrong that i think the "that Cassidy wouldn't be so mean" prayer request is really really funny??

and kind of cute ???

hahahaha. i guess i should feel ashamed that i think that's hilarious.

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home