Vital Social Issues n' Stuff with Kelley Anne

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I just had one of those encounters where you're out... say at the video store... and the guy that works there smiles and says hi to you in a way that it's like your old pals when you really haven't even been to your favourite video store in awhile because of the new vending-machine-type one down the road that rents really cheap... and you actually dont' recognize him but it's kinda nice being friends with him and then you pass by him again and you both smile knowingly (?) and then you go to the counter and banter together and you know you've never come across him before but you start thinking forget that vending-machine I like interacting with real human beings on a regular basis no matter what the cost... but what does that mean about banking? Hmmm...

Did I mention it's rainy season and I've been working from home all day inside?
Wind whistling, rain pouring on the outside.

4 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

what movie did you rent?

3:33 AM  
Blogger The Barretts said...

I enjoyed your post.

(But I'm still going to pay at the pump!)

9:48 AM  
Blogger deb said...

I have also been going stir crazy staying in the house too long... I tried to talk to the mailman. no, not really, but that would be desperate.

11:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yeah, living in a strange city I am beginning to value highly random and usually inconsequential conversations...who knew I would get such a lift from chatting with the post office clerk?

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home