Vital Social Issues n' Stuff with Kelley Anne

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Africa

  I am traveling to Africa on a mission's trip this spring to Tanzania and Malawi for almost seven weeks.  I've never been to Africa before and I'm really excited. I've always wanted to go!

 I'm thinking I should start preparing...  I have been practicing my African geography on this game I found on the internet. I have looked into what to pack. I have- praise the Lord- all the funding I need to go. I have my shots booked for March... ouch.  But I don't think I've totally wrapped my head around the reality of this pending trip.  I've read books about Rwanda and South Africa and Kenya in the past... but I need one for this area! To get into the culture/climate/life a head of the game... 

 Any book ideas? 

6 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

so excited for you Kelley. Can't wait to hear all of the stories!!!

5:39 PM  
Blogger The Barretts said...

That's so exciting, Kelley!

7:07 AM  
Blogger Bungz said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Bungz said...

Ummm... Not so sure about books, but since you say it is a missions trip this article might help you... It really challenged my view about missions... Hope it blesses and stretches you too...

1:43 PM  
Blogger Bungz said...

Ah well, here's the link if that doesn't work... http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2007/july/9.34.html

1:44 PM  
Blogger Esther Lau said...

Hi Kelley!!!!! Just checking your blog and found out that you're going to Africa!!! How exciting!!!
I wish you all the best in your preparation and I miss you!!!!

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home