Vital Social Issues n' Stuff with Kelley Anne

Monday, May 21, 2007

Top Five People I'm Going to Miss...


(more than I realized)

Naturally moving away from Halifax I'm going to miss my friends and coworkers and what not. But I almost got emotional today at the doctor's office... which got me thinking about the people I'm going to miss more than I thought! The people "from my neighbourhood" if you will! (cue Sesame Street theme song...)

1. My doctor. She's so sweet and coptic orthodox. On my last visit she told me she's always happy to see me because it brightens her whole day! She was sad to hear I was moving because she said she would miss me. She gave me a hug to say goodbye and wished me well-- reminding me to call her if I ever needed anything!

2. My superintendant: Bob. He's great! He called me yesterday to finalize some things and greeted me with "Hey Sunshine!" and proceeded to call me "love" and "darlin'". I love these terms of endearment! And I love knowing he's just a phonecall away if there's trouble in the building and if so-- he's on it. And I don't have to re-paint my walls!

3. Joe Zee. There are a lot of people I'm going to miss from church and Joe (Rebekah, Miriam and Sarah's dad) is definitely one of them! Each week at church, without fail, he greets me with a huge hug. I actually joked in a Christmas card to the Zee family that I get more love on a Sunday morning from their family than from my own all year (as in physical affection, mom: if you're reading this- relax). And truthfully, I'm not much of a "hug" person... but man! I'm going to miss Joe's greetings at church.

4. My hairstylist: Mischaela (see pic). She is full of pep and style. I trust her with my hair and last time I visited simply stated: do whatever you think is best/needs to be done! Also, check her out this summer on a Canadian reality tv program to see if she's the last stylist standing (she couldn't tell me the results, she's sworn or um, I guess, contracted to secrecy, it airs this summer).

5. Melissa (the cardio dance instructor). Her energy, stamina and innovative cardio classes make it a joy to work out! I want to take her with me! I'm going to write her a note so she doesn't have to wonder why I've stopped coming out to class.
p.s. don't fret it won't be all melancholy and the infinite sadness, fun send-off pics (from fab party: thanks Stows!!) and new top five in the works!

4 Comments:

Blogger The Barretts said...

You look so fantastic in that pic!

I'm sad that you're leaving so soon....

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree - you look awesome! J.

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Girl!!! Thanks for the shout out! Don't we look hot! I hope your summer is going well with all these changes happening! July 9th on Slice!! - Mischaela

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are as a dream that we did not remember, but that makes us wake up glad ". jfrancisco70@hotmail.com
Francisco

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home