Vital Social Issues n' Stuff with Kelley Anne

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Death Becomes Her

Lately I have been thinking about the men in my life. And I'm not talking men in an ooh-la-la kind of way... I was thinking about the men who have helped shape my life, come alongside me and encouraged me and challenged me and been my friend. I was thinking about who I would like to be my pallbearers.

So... if something happens say a freak accident (I am lefthanded ;), or I die tragically yet ever so sweetly in my sleep you can inform my parents that I've listed out who I would like as my pallbearers in the back of my red and white striped notebook with the lighthouse on it.

Author's note: I've always been a little morbid. There's a secret about me. I've definitely spent more time thinking about my funeral than any potential wedding.

5 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

i have for sure spent more time thinking about my funeral than wedding. morbid? i don't know. practical? definitely. i told one of my friends that she's in charge of the music. you can't make these decisions after the fact...weddings have lots of time for planning.

2:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that was an odd post....but at least when you think about your funeral...it really makes you want to do something with the dash in between... ie 1980 - ?
Paul says "if i go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body."
With that in mind...I really don't want to waste today.

and now, some inappropriate tombstone quotes:

On the grave of Ezekial Aikle in East Dalhousie Cemetery, Nova Scotia:
Here lies
Ezekial Aikle
Age 102
The Good
Die Young.

In a London, England cemetery:
Ann Mann
Here lies Ann Mann,
Who lived an old maid
But died an old Mann.
Dec. 8, 1767

Oops! Harry Edsel Smith of Albany, New York:
Born 1903--Died 1942
Looked up the elevator shaft to see if
the car was on the way down. It was.

In a Thurmont, Maryland, cemetery:
Here lies an Atheist
All dressed up
And no place to go.

and my personal favourite:

In a Georgia cemetery:
"I told you I was sick!"

10:02 AM  
Blogger The Barretts said...

I've also thought about my funeral. I haven't thought about my pallbearers though!! hehehe...maybe I'll have to do that :)

12:37 PM  
Blogger Ian Lau said...

who's doing the eulogy??

1:56 PM  
Blogger Kelley Anne said...

thanks for the thoughts friends!
as for the eulogy Lau... you'll have to wait and see!

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home