Vital Social Issues n' Stuff with Kelley Anne

Friday, May 18, 2007

Home


I can still recall listening to "She's Leaving Home" by the Beatles, Echo packed to the max, while pulling out of my parents' drive way and embarking on the journey to Halifax, Nova Scotia: my new home. That was almost three years ago! Incidentally I hadn't exactly been living at "home" for ages, only about the past eight months (just back from Asia), but something about leaving the province and living by the ocean made it really seem like I was on the brink of something new; an adventure: full of unknowns and possibilities... like I was free.

One week today I make the journey back. I still haven't decided on the music that will play me out... but Halifax has totally become my home these past three years, making me a bit of a nomad again until I get settled in Kitchener-Waterloo come August.




I realize the last ten years I've lived in several different cities for chunks of time; four years in Guelph, two years in Asia, three years in Halifax. I wonder what the next ten will hold?




*stay tuned for a few melancholy and nostalgic posts as I pack up my life

2 Comments:

Blogger The Barretts said...

Please don't go....

1:52 PM  
Blogger Kelley Anne said...

thanks barretts. Alas...

p.s. what about "coming home" city and colour from my send off song?

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home