Vital Social Issues n' Stuff with Kelley Anne

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Latest Trends in Sunday School

I teach Sunday school to girls grade one and two at church. I actually had the girls over for a "play date" of sorts. Things I'd planned for: lunch at McDonalds, making cookies, watching Veggie Tales. Things I hadn't anticipated: gymnastics practice in my tiny apartment, brown sugar everywhere, many drawings of "disco kitty" and "princess Kelley" (which I quite actually enjoyed). Depending on the Sunday there is anywhere from four to eight of them.

These are the latest trends:
-talking about their cats and/or hamster
-talking too little the first half hour, talking too much the last half hour
-catching other girls praying with their eyes open
-preference to our small group game (red light/green light) than the big group game (human knot or something with a lot of running and ducking and boys).
-drawing pictures
-enjoying Disney princesses
-collecting stickers

I must say it's a whole new world... and a whole lot longer at church but it's been worth it!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten said...

I still don't enjoy those human knot games with the boys...

12:20 AM  
Blogger The Barretts said...

Thanks for keeping us up to date on the latest trends. I need to start learning this stuff.

I'm sure the girls are just in love with you...keep it up!

6:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You must be one of the funnest S. School teachers ever, Miss Myles. I hear Naomi has her name on the waiting list to get in to your class. :)

12:17 PM  
Blogger janette said...

Sounds fun Kelley!

7:19 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

" A whole new wooorrld, a hundred thousand things to see, no one to tell us no, or where to go...or something do do do do with you...I can show you the World, shining, shimering, splendid, over sideways and under on a magic carpet slide..." don't ask me how I can remember the lyrics! LOL

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home