Vital Social Issues n' Stuff with Kelley Anne

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Top Five Bachelors in Halifax






This is not a game of "hot or not". This is my top five bachelors in Halifax, they are Christian men over the age of twenty three (hey you have to put up some parameters), under the age of thirty. They are not married and they are also not in a relationship at time of posting. It has yet to be empirically tested. I'm still awaiting their individual persuasions regarding the end times to really help you understand them. It may be based more on proximity and who I saw this past weekend and who agreed to let me post them above all else. Nonetheless, they are great guys and here they are from left to right:

The Pharmacist *
age: 26
passion: food (cooking and eating), electronics, his church
edge: keen eye for a good bargain, plays guitar, leadership

The "Tallest" Hobo
age: 26
passion: helping people, photography
edge: "outdoorsy", optimist, does own laundry

The Hopeful Graduate
age: 23
passion: travel, teaching French, the outdoors
edge: intelligent, outgoing, personable

The Lieutenant
age: 25
passion: writing, the Bible, soccer
edge: independent, witty, British, home owner

The Fifth
This is the bachelor for you to choose! Who do you think is missing from the list? Let me know who and why by Sunday April 23 at 7pm and I'll post our dear number five!!

*not their real names but pseudonyms created to protect their anonymity
(Special thanks to Nick Miller and Josh Wong for their help with this entry)

21 Comments:

Blogger The Barretts said...

This is awesome! These guys better watch out...with all the hits that your blog gets, they are going to have girls knocking their doors down!!

Great post, Kelley!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a fantastic post! What brave guys for agreeing to this! (Or should I say...what LUCKY guys?)
Anyway, I'm not sure who I'm picking for...you or me? Cuz if it's for me...I default to Jamie. :D (aka The Husband)

10:12 PM  
Blogger Kelley Anne said...

thanks ladies!
vaness: it's not for me, and it's not a contest, it's just the top five bachelors! what is up for grabs though is the fifth place!

11:25 PM  
Blogger The Barretts said...

If Pete Tattrie is single, I say put him in!

11:43 AM  
Blogger The Chocolate Lady said...

So what types of people are these fellows looking for and are msn or emails gonan be given out to chat with them. By the way this isn't for me i'm engaged but i've been trying to find my friend shauna a man, lol awesome post, they're def all cuties

stephanie.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Ian Lau said...

wow, this is def a "vital social issue". Fair play to the guys for being such good sports!

5:38 PM  
Blogger deb said...

though he may not be in halifax yet and I know he's not a big fan of this whole "hook-up" business, Josh and I have discussed this and would like to nominate Ian Lau.

ha ha haaa!! woo Ian!

The Medical Student
age: 26?
passion: God, helping people, scrabble
edge: disciplined, focused, loves his bike, ultimate frisbee champion, hockey champion, die-hard Leafs fan.

6:09 PM  
Blogger EmilyKH said...

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!
I have been waiting so long for this post. Thanks for the useful information Kelley. hahahaha
Em

8:56 PM  
Blogger joe and gem said...

hey, this is em's big sis gemma here. just to let everyone know, she is too young to date, and anyone who tries anything will have to answer to me. mwahaha.

12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hallo. this is emily's dad here (50, married, interests: rugby, worship music, driving tractors. edge: looks like sting.)
if anyone lays a hand on my daughter, they will have to answer to me.
ken hunter

12:05 AM  
Blogger EmilyKH said...

Glad to know I have a family who cares about me.
Em

11:15 AM  
Blogger Jacki said...

Jacki Mercer here...
(22, single,
Hobbies: Picking up shells on the beach, reading romance novels, putting messages in bottles, swinging on big romantic porch swings.
Edge: can sing all the words to Ice, Ice, Baby.)
If anyone goes for Emily Hunter, they have to thirdly answer to me (after sting and gemmal "the bodyguard" cook of course...)

5:13 PM  
Blogger The Barretts said...

hehehe..I love that Emily's (and Naomi's & Gemma's) dad made a post!!

I think Lau is a good one too, Deb!!!

6:40 PM  
Blogger JWo said...

LOL - great post Kelley! Can't wait for Sunday's post. Racking my brain to identify another bachelor, but can't think of any. Looks like Mr. Lau's our man... ;)

12:28 AM  
Blogger EmilyKH said...

sounds like i'm gonna be single forever.

1:25 AM  
Blogger Ian Lau said...

Mr. Hunter is a funny man.

Re: "number five".. There are some great single men living in the Hfx area who fit the bill, so out of respect for the brotherhood, I cannot and will not accept Deb's eager nomination.

--bachelor 'til the rapture

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rodney here, 'the hopeful graduate' - I would just like to say that my arm is only now recovering from the serious twisting it took for me to agree to this - However, Porch swings and collecting shells does sound good, whoever wrote that, get in touch hey !!...

8:42 PM  
Blogger deb said...

fair enough ian. it was worth a shot. "bachelor til the rapture" too hilarious!!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Wooh. This is super funny Kelley. I'm eager to see what the next step is. LOL.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Tara and Aaron Spencer said...

Funny post kelley! I have never seen so many post for one topic. I think that you have peeked the interest of many people.
Koodos to the guys for being a part of such a fun thing!
Hope you are enjoying Calgary

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha Kelley, this is hilarious!! Jessie just sent me the link to your blog specifically for this post! :)

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home