Vital Social Issues n' Stuff with Kelley Anne

Saturday, March 25, 2006

The Cell Phone

I've always been anti-cell phone. I don't like the idea of someone being able to get a hold of me whenever they want. Truthfully I'm not that big on the telephone either. I use it for my convenience. But all the ringing and interruptions, notabley telemarketers, gets to me. And the cell phone is a phone you carry with you.

I had to buy a cell phone for my job almost two years ago. I'm pretty good at using it for work and turning it off/on vibrate when I'm not working. I don't answer it when I'm with someone else, I keep it on vibrate, with the odd exception of waiting on an "important" call. I like the person with me in person to have my full attention.

That said... I have started using my cell phone more regularly outside of work for its features. I like the features my cell phone offers that I've only recently discovered. I like the alarm clock feature and use it daily. My favourite feature is the "Voice Memo"! I leave memos to myself all the time now. My first voice memo says something like:

"memo to self: use voice memo!"

7 Comments:

Blogger The Barretts said...

I am pretty anti cell phone myself, although they can be pretty convenient. Jamin & I do own a couple of cell phones (mostly because his dad keeps giving us them), but we don't have them activated...mostly because we're too cheap...

I do like when other people have cell phones though because then I can get a hold of them....

10:57 PM  
Blogger deb said...

memo to deb: give kelley her keys after finally finding them. over.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that's cute

12:40 AM  
Blogger It's My DLu! said...

i LOVE the cell phone! text messaging is my favourite thing ever. my heart kind of jumps a beat whenever i hear the little tone :)

by the way, great new pic :)

are you dating yet? or are you still working on some of those personal issues?

;)

...

um, i hope you remember that joke from EA 2003 ... or else, i'd just sound like a jerk.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Kelley? What? voice memo eh? What a new concept?! I wonder if I have that on my cell phone. I don't like cellphones. They're little annoying things that follow you around. But that's life. So I'll cope.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Kelley Anne said...

Anna: it'll change your life. Well... maybe not but it sure is fun!

Darren: Between you, Dr.Cloud and my mom I don't know how I get out of bed everyday. j.k.!

8:05 PM  
Blogger JWo said...

Cloud, ai? I used to like the guy but my opinion is changing every time I think of his new book - what was it called again? "How to get a date worth keeping" That in itself should be a blog entry... stay tuned!
(tired and hopefully not getting sick too)

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home