Vital Social Issues n' Stuff with Kelley Anne

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Haiku

Last summer I wrote "haiku's of the new testament" for a class assignment. It was a good decision for me because I needed to do something different, with some creative freedom and it forced me to examine the books of the new testatment more closely... seventeen syllables more closely.

I've been studying Isaiah since January (?!) from the exhortation: "you want to know more about God you read Isaiah" or something like that. I'm kinda sad it's coming to a close, but it was a persevering work the first forty chapters. Today I'm on chapter 59. A lot of things in my life right now are coming to a close. I think I will write a haiku of Isaiah to sum things up when I've finsihed. Maybe I'll write a haiku of my year too...?!

A sample haiku from one of the gospels... do you know which one it is?

three years of the great
I AM He I AM the way
believe and be saved

3 Comments:

Blogger janette said...

John? I just finished Isaiah too. Good times.

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi kelley -- it's been a while! i say John also. i'm reading it now. :)

12:14 PM  
Blogger Kelley Anne said...

nice work ladies! stay tuned!!
p.s. J: great to hear about the back!

smaula dearest: so wonderful for you to glimpse my blog! I think your brother is a regular here!
check out my west wing tribute! (it all began with your copy... behind bars)

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home