Vital Social Issues n' Stuff with Kelley Anne

Thursday, August 10, 2006

10 Years Younger!

Today I had my first official doctor's appointment in Halifax. I was excited because I've been wanting to get a doctor in Halifax for some time. I showed up in April they said come back in August.

She greets me in the waiting room and leads me to her exam room. We sit down together (I actually jump up on the exam table and she kindly motions to the chairs).

The great thing is she says to me: "So you're 17-18 years old?" And she says it so sweetly that it doesn't occur to me to be concerned-- clearly the open file in her hand would indicate otherwise.

I laugh and say "No, I'm 27". She tilts her head at me, smiles and says: "Are you sure you're 27?"

Oh, we had a good time today and there were all kinds of surprises for her! Before it was time to go she told me she's always available for me and again asked if I was "really 27"!!! She handed me some forms for blood work, asked what kind of Christian I was and smiled.
I think I'll be smiling all day.


Author's note: because it was my first doctor's appointment I made sure to dress "casually sharp" complete with make-up, earrings and a hair band. So I don't think I was dressing like I was in high school.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe it was the hairband. Or Oil of Olay, twice a day...
And you're just so darn cute!

12:48 PM  
Blogger deb said...

I smiled to myself when you wrote you jumped on the table, then she motioned to the chair. hee hee. great mental picture.

1:37 PM  
Blogger The Barretts said...

That's awesome! :)

2:18 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Hee hee Kelley. Your inner natural youthful self shines right through you. There's no way you are 27!! :) heehee. lov ya.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

must be your smiles =)

4:38 PM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

My grandma dresses up to see the doctor too. She also reviews important details (stuff like: the name of our current prime minister, the year etc... little things) in the car on the way with whoever's driving her.

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to hear you dressed up
and put makeup on!!!
guess who.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home