Vital Social Issues n' Stuff with Kelley Anne

Saturday, September 09, 2006

How Bizarre!

1. Someone showed up Thursday night... our new intern Matt!
I didn't know he was coming... there was some word on maybe this weekend or next weekend but that was all. Well, he's arrived and is officially the "rebel of the week!"
(but that's another story!)

2. Saw what I thought was a police officer on stilts in front of Howe Hall driving home late the other night... in fact is was an officer on horseback!

3. Tomorrow is "70's Sunday" at church... like dress seventies for a church anniversary (I think). I've got my outfit but I'm still feeling a little uncertain about showing up in costume for church!

4. Went sailing this afternoon, great wind, good times but when we arrived back the ropes caught under the boat! (I don't know the proper terms for which ropes etc.) The wind got stronger, times were tenser and tide was low.

5 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

sailing... wow! life is good in halifax!

11:45 PM  
Blogger The Barretts said...

You looked great in your 70's attire @ church :)

3:02 PM  
Blogger amarea said...

Sailing! Really?? That's so exciting! I've always wanted to go sailing! :)

9:05 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

i'm impressed that you wore a costume to church. i don't think my church would ever suggest such a thing. was it fun? were there some great authentic dealios?

12:34 PM  
Blogger Kelley Anne said...

At the first service-- that I attended-- hardly anyone dressed up and I felt a bit ridiculous. There was some 70's praise and worship and a disco ball. The pastor looked pretty normal in his 70's attire which even he commented on. Second service more people dressed up and all the girls in Sunday school adored my scarf and boots and oversized sunglasses as if it wasn't a 70's thing at all!

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home