Vital Social Issues n' Stuff with Kelley Anne

Saturday, September 02, 2006

oh so Amazing Grace

I have been learning a lot about grace lately. The amazing grace of God and how I'm lacking in grace myself. I've been reading Genesis and am wowed with God's grace with Sarah and Abraham and everyone. Also, I just started reading "What's So Amazing About Grace" by Philip Yancey (thanks S.B.!) and it's sooo good... definitely providing the perspective I need. You see a few posts ago I wrote on how I hate boys... and I'm seeing how I need to extend grace in at least one of the circumstances that brought on that post. It's easier to write people off, put up a wall, punish them until they earn their way back... but then I wouldn't be representing Jesus Christ.

I need to forgive. I need to because that's what God does with me. Because that's what Christ is all about and I am his follower.

"And from his fullness we have all received grace upon grace. For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ."
John 1:16-17

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SARAH SAID...

AMEN!!

4:35 PM  
Blogger SLH said...

So I totally thought for a moment that I was getting a mention...alas, it was not the case. I will just have to continue being my incredibly charming self around you until I do...

9:14 PM  
Blogger The Barretts said...

I'm so glad that you're enjoying the book...it's my all time favorite.

God's grace is so beautiful...hard to put into words....

5:37 PM  
Blogger JWo said...

hmmmm... that is another one that I'm currently on the last 2 chapters on... lol - I have to read it again as that was over 4 years ago I started the book.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

grace is something God's been teaching me a lot about this summer too...the more i understand it, the more AMAZED i am. and the more i want to be able to give it to others. (even though sometimes, like you said, it's so much easier to just put that wall up).

3:55 PM  
Blogger amarea said...

I've been pondering forgiveness a lot too, lately. I'd like to talk to you about it sometime. I have many questions. :)

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home