Vital Social Issues n' Stuff with Kelley Anne

Friday, September 15, 2006

The Cowboy Hat


I wore my cowboy hat for the better part of the day. I wore it because the hot water isn't working at my apt. today and it's "shower day" for me. After making a couple calls and not being able to arrange an alternate shower I got out the hat.

People smile at you more when you wear a cowboy hat. And being a pretty smiley person I think I generally generate a lot of smiles throughout the day. And I don't mean smile at you like a smirk but a genuine warm smile.

And I met with this girl today for the first time and she boldy proclaimed to me:

"I knew you were cool when I saw that cowboy hat."

I don't know about the coolness factor but that sure made me smile!

5 Comments:

Blogger deb said...

happy birthday kelley! hope the hot water came just in time for the celebration.

12:46 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Apparently it's your birthday, so happy birthday. Please start wearing the cowboy hat on a regular basis, at least weekly... thank you.

1:54 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Hi Kelley,

I knew the first time I saw you in a cowboy hat that you were born to wear one... Rio and the Outlaws. Those were good days! Happy Birthday,Kell! I was thinking of you today. lj

3:31 AM  
Blogger The Barretts said...

Happy Birthday, Kelley!

You make ME smile...with or without the hat :)

9:01 AM  
Blogger Kelley Anne said...

thank you for the wishes ladies!
and hallelujah-- the hot water is back!

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home