Vital Social Issues n' Stuff with Kelley Anne

Monday, September 11, 2006

A Separate Peace

I never read this John Knowles classic in highschool so I picked it up this summer and am just getting back to it now. Some quotes:

"It was only long after that I recognized sarcasm as the protest of people who are weak."

"... somewhere up in the far unorganized tips of Canada."

"When you're sixteen adults are slightly impressed and almost intimidated by you."

"... a forest of notices."

"Completely over the falls."

4 Comments:

Blogger Tara and Aaron Spencer said...

Kelley
You are such a brilliant mind, I love it. I do believe that I thought that at 16. I would love to have that confidence now:) Sorry I missed you when we were in hali, hopefully next time!

12:29 AM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

Does he explain what the weak people are protesting?

12:37 AM  
Blogger Kelley Anne said...

K: in the quote he talks about how it was a "sarcastic summer" and his friend and him are bantering back and forth in full sarcasm about one of them (the talker) talking too much... I think he means that people prefer to safely mock something than to boldly take a stand to bring about change, defend yourself etc.

9:14 PM  
Blogger It's My DLu! said...

hey, i'm thinking of coming out during reading week. will u and the wongs be there? i'm thinking of flying out with Jordi.

ya? u up for it? (maybe)

2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home