Vital Social Issues n' Stuff with Kelley Anne

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Top 5 Most Entertaining Blogs I've Read:


Ah blogs... there are so many kinds! Some move your heart, others make you think, some provide updates or highlights and some just make you laugh!! Today, a tribute to such blogs!!
These are the top 5 blogs that have made me laugh the most
(not necessarily day to day but certain entries).

1. I need a hobby (see below)
2. Arnold's Westcoast "Terminator Vs. Ringwraith" (see pic)
3. Go Go Gadjet Legs
4. Vaness' "Treasure Trove"... that chicken suit freaks me out.
5. Jocelyn's pretend blog... when are you going to publish it girl?!


Here's what made me laugh in "I need a hobby". While I would not describe myself as a Christian fundamentalist and therefore do not share or endorse all his "hardships",

I could sympathize with the guy-- especially #10!

___________________________________________________________________
10 reasons why it's hard being a Christian fundamentalist

I was stepping out of the bathroom, deep in thought, thinking about how minority groups often play the "victim card" in order to achieve their ends (not a bad thing). Anyhow, I started asking myself why I never get to play the victim card. It's hard being a White (Male) Anglo-Saxon (conservative) Protestant.

Here's ten reasons why:
1)Everyone's out to get you. Especially the media.
2) waking-up early on Sundays
3)Home-schooling is hard

4)You're torn in a love/hate relationship with people from other conservative religions. You can't stand their theology, but find it comforting to know you're not the only one writing petitions to the government on gay marraige.
5)Pentecostals (no toungues on the first date <--- Ryan Lawrence)
6)It's hard work holding up big John 3:16 placards at sporting events
7) crappy radio shows. I think it's a toss-up between Joyce Meyers, Fletcher Brothers, and Mrs. Gee, the ol'British lady that reads OT stories to adults.
8)Creationism, women pastors, and 'Reva-what-tions'
9)Superbowl SUNDAY
10) Guys can't just ask pretty girl out. They've gotta develop friendships, impress her, probly impress her friends, prove themselves in ministry, and finally bear their hearts in elaborate schemes to win her affection. Then she decides whether to give the poor guy a break or continue the process.

P.S. sorry if anyone felt alienated after reading this, but I think that's an important part of blogging...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ha! That gave me a chuckle - if not a belly laugh. About time someone got it right. :P
v

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home