Vital Social Issues n' Stuff with Kelley Anne

Monday, October 16, 2006

For the Ladies...


Well girls you got me all worked up after all the Pride and Prejudice talk from my last post! We all love Colin Firth but fresh in my mind/heart is the 2005 update ... here they are... my top five favourite Pride and Prejudice quotes:



1. Mr. Darcy: So what do you recommend to encourage affection?
Elizabeth Bennet: Dancing. Even if one's partner is barely tolerable.

2. Elizabeth Bennet: Did I just agree to dance with Mr. Darcy?
Charlotte Lucas: I dare say you will find him amiable.
Elizabeth Bennet: It would be most inconvenient since I have sworn to loathe him for all eternity. [both laugh]

3. Mr. Darcy: Do you talk, as a rule, while dancing?
Elizabeth Bennet: No... No, I prefer to be unsociable and taciturn... Makes it all so much more enjoyable, don't you think?

4. Elizabeth Bennet: And I might as well enquire why, with so evident a design of insulting me, you chose to tell me that you liked me against your better judgment.

5. Mr. Darcy: If, however, your feelings have changed, I will have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on.

7 Comments:

Blogger amarea said...

Ahhh I LOVE P&P. I like the Colin Firth version best, though. The other Mr. Darcy just didn't cut it... and neither did the other Mr. Bingley, for that matter... there was something about the old Bingley's "Ah! Jane!" that was just so priceless. :)

12:12 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

That last Mr. Darcy line is so sweet and romantic! Swoon*

1:34 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:56 AM  
Blogger SLH said...

Would you believe that I have never seen this movie! Well, except for a Bollywood musical version, but I don't know if that counts. Sad but true, I know...

10:16 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

the bollywood version! sarah, i don't know who you are, but if you've watched "bride and prejudice" then i know i like you.

1:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love, love, love this movie! And having watched both the '95 one and the '05 one I must say I love the newer one better. I think they did a much better job with the casting and ... well, I just love everything about the newer one. Ask me someday about it and I can shpeil off my reasons for an hour or more! :D
However, I did really enjoy the older one. I even asked for the 10th anniversary edition for Christmas! :D

10:29 PM  
Blogger jammer said...

"in vain i have struggled, it will not do. My feelings will not be repressed - you must allow me to tell you how ardently i admire *pause* and love you"

sigh...that was from memory (in case you were wondering...) :)

3:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home