Vital Social Issues n' Stuff with Kelley Anne

Friday, October 06, 2006

Thank you Toyota Roadside Assistance!




I just got back from my small group. I'm not usually back this late but tonight... as I reversed out of the Barrett's driveway my car came to a halt-- that's all I really remember. Basically I got stuck over a ditch... one wheel suspended. And the funny thing, well there were a lot of "funny things" that took place, was that we were just talking about how we don't like backing out of the driveway because of the ditch and it's hard to see at night etc. etc. And Amanda came knocking on my window-- tears in her eyes from laughing so hard to tell me: "STOP! PUT THE CAR IN PARK! IT'S BURNING!" I obliged. And climbed out the passenger side. Car stuck. After assessing the situation from all angles we called Toyota Roadside Assistance. It took the girl on the phone a while to figure out where we were "Upper Tantallon-- is that in Nova Scotia?" hee hee... and she said they'd be there within 45 minutes.

"Joey" arrived and got right to it! He'd seen worse and said I was lucky to not have flipped the car! Also, he announced: "No damage." Praise the Lord! He really knew what he was doing... or so it appeared. Naturally Sarah documented most of the event (thanks for the pics!). I rewarded Joey with some homemade cookies leftover from our group. The photo shoot continued.

As I went to pull the car up, after it had been recovered from the ditch, the car slid back against my control... frantically it was brought to my attention from Joey and others that the engine wasn't on!!! Silly me... I had almost ended up back across the ditch!

Thanks Tom and Amanda for sticking around and for your moral support, remembering the parking brake etc. etc.! Thanks Sarah for the documentation and the laughs! Welcome Home Jamin! Sorry... your driveway was "in use" upon your arrival! But that just made it all the more funny! Now that we've all bonded... see you all Sunday!

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Kelley, you are hilarious!

I'm glad your car didn't flip (!!!) and that you and Joey really hit it off. J/K.

Roadside assistance rocks.

10:49 AM  
Blogger The Barretts said...

hehehe...your post made me smile...

You are such a good sport :)

11:48 AM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

nice jacket!

12:06 PM  
Blogger deb said...

oh dear. I'm glad you and your red echo is safe and sound. :o)

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Kelley, we really enjoy your crazy antics!

7:02 PM  
Blogger amarea said...

Roadside Assistance has rescued me and my Echo many a time! Mainly because I have a hapit of locking my keys in the car... hahaha Glad you're okay!!

9:15 PM  
Blogger SLH said...

Yikes...nothing like a little adventure...I'm glad you are ok!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Thank God you're okay and the car is okay. But it's pretty funny :0) hehee

4:11 PM  
Blogger Ian Lau said...

why are all the car windows fogged up?!

7:26 PM  
Blogger JWo said...

lol - that is awesome! Candid pics of Kelley! Why did you make me erase the ones I take on my camera phone?

(Good point Ian)

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home