Vital Social Issues n' Stuff with Kelley Anne

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Black, Black Heart

Do you remember this David Usher song featuring Kim Bingham? Well recently I was overcome with the blackness of my own heart from my sinful nature. Oh the pride and deceit that I can still allow to dwell there! It's awful.

I'm reminded of Isaiah 64:6:
"All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away."

And so thankful for Romans 1:17:
"For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith.""

Praise God for how he cleans hearts and for his righteousness that we can receive through Christ!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Barretts said...

I'm with ya!

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home