Vital Social Issues n' Stuff with Kelley Anne

Monday, September 25, 2006

Accident Prone?

Yesterday I busted my ankle. Well, maybe I spraint it... I don't know. It hurts. I was walking in Point Pleasant park and I tripped/fell hard and twisted the ankle good in the process. I sat there in the wooded path for a while wondering whether or not I could stand up. I fell so hard my glasses flew off... seriously. Along came some strangers and their dog and they helped me up. I made it back to the car on my own.

I iced the ankle 15minutes on and off for two hours. I stopped because I was tired of doing it. I watched an old favourite, "The Power of One" for the duration. I like that movie. I like P.K. I like how he wants to change the world and I like the African music. I'm still singing it. And my ankle still hurts. It's swollen. And I've been hobbling around all day.

People used to say I was accident prone... well maybe not people, but family. I've never broken a bone but I've had some stitches and lots of bruises... I bruise easily. But I can't remember the last time I had to ice anything... or hobbled for that matter!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you're better soon Kelley!

10:13 AM  
Blogger The Barretts said...

poor Kelley...hopefully that little ankle of yours is almost all better

11:47 AM  
Blogger The Barretts said...

PS I don't think you're accident prone

11:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ow!
You poor thing! Ankle injuries are soooo rotten.
Hope you feel 100% soon.

12:11 PM  
Blogger A fighter said...

Welcome to the life of Liane!!! Sorry to hear about your sprain!! Glad to know that there's someone like me in this cold and lonely world of people who are not accident prone. But it's a good thing that you iced it.. if it still hurts GO TO THE HOSPITAL!!!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Kelley Anne said...

ankle update: it has now been assessed by friend and phsyio Tom. I have three exercises to do. And it's seriously bruised. I will be okay. I will dance again.

11:35 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

If it makes you feel any better, I fell out of bed on the weekend (and yes I was awake at the time), and I got this extremely large and dark purple bruise on my lower back and in an area where sitting is painful ;) At least you actually fell while standing!

12:01 AM  
Blogger jammer said...

glad to know there are other accident prone people out there!

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home