Vital Social Issues n' Stuff with Kelley Anne

Monday, November 13, 2006

"Who's going to turn down a junior mint?
It's chocolate, it's peppermint,
it's delicious. It's very refreshing."
–Kramer


A convenience store war is brewing down the street.

Events:

-friendly neighbourhood convenience store shuts down practically overnight
-renovations begin
-new cleaner and more organized convenience store opens up in its place
-it appears to be family run (father and young son at the cash)
-building I never noticed was empty, across the street*, opens up with giant fluorescent Bristol boards announcing it’s “Coming Soon”… one of the boards declares that the guys formerly across the street are starting up again in this new location
-who will I go to for my convenience needs… hmmm… the old guys always let me buy change for laundry and had a fresh supply of junior mints, sometimes they’d shoot the breeze with me… but the new store is run by this nice religious family…

*it’s hardly even across the street… it’s two car widths and a couple sidewalks apart…

6 Comments:

Blogger amarea said...

Ooohh is this the one on Coburg?? I think a family at my church runs that one... Are they Indian?

5:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love that Seinfeld episode.
Oh Kramer.
Oh convenience stores.
Love it.

12:45 AM  
Blogger The Barretts said...

What drama :) I just don't know how you'll choose...

7:50 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

oh kelley you make me laugh

12:35 AM  
Blogger Taryn said...

hunny don't go to either...I sold mike his junior mints...come to my truck and I will give you some candy...(said in creepy voice) seriously though you can buy king size junior mints off me if you want.

1:13 AM  
Blogger SLH said...

this could almost be a Seinfield episode! I can totally see Jerry on the sidewalk outside of both places not able to go into either...LOL

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home