Vital Social Issues n' Stuff with Kelley Anne

Monday, April 14, 2008

Accountability...


So... a little truth and honesty here.
Today is day one of giving up TV and media (radio, news) for a week. A fast if you will.

This is in response to a challenge from Pastor Mark Driscoll after listening to one of his online sermons.

And I'm up for it.

TV and media don't really rule my life per se. I don't have cable but do soak in my parents cable when I visit. And I do maximize my two channels. It does have a hold in my life; it's how I relax, unwind, even escape (ooh TV on DVD is best for this, which I gave up for for Lent, but I digress...).

And tonight I found myself working later, tidying and spending more time on facebook as a result (the latter which is probabley not serving "the fast" much)... we'll see how tomorrow goes!

2 Comments:

Blogger SLH said...

Oooooh I am so hooked on TV on DVDs too! I have convinced myself that watching on DVD is better because an hour long show only runs about 45 minutes...less time wasted...??? And it is one way to insure that there is no sloppy Spanish dubbing:P

11:34 PM  
Blogger Kelley Anne said...

ooh Sarah! what's your poison? Alias, LOST... I'll bet it's 24!!! (although watching Prison Break in Panama would be pretty groovy :)

12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home