Vital Social Issues n' Stuff with Kelley Anne

Friday, November 17, 2006

What to do?

so... I received a letter in the mail this week from an elderly-- and I expect well meaning-- lady that is a distant family friend. The letter was dated November 3rd and after some salutations stated:

"I was very sorry to hear of your mother's death. She suffered much yet was so very courageous. You will miss her dearly."

Thing is: I talked to my Mom November 10 and she's alive. I haven't spoken with her yet this week although now I'm feeling that much more inclined to call her... but what do you do?

Do I call the lady and tell her? Do I write her back and tell her? Do I let it pass?

6 Comments:

Blogger The Barretts said...

That must have been a strange letter to receive!

I would somehow let her know that your mama is alive & kicking! I'm not sure of the avenue I would take...phone or letter probably. Perhaps someone you know, knows her better and they could call??

Keep us updated!!

7:28 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

That is weird. Is the letter addressed to you? can you may be...call her up and jokingly bring it up? I dunno...

9:00 PM  
Blogger DT said...

hey Kelley! miss you so much! i just joined this blogger thing recently.

does your mom know that lady? maybe your mom can call her =)

2:44 AM  
Blogger JWo said...

I would definitely call her to let her know your mom is alive and well. I would be curious why she thought that your mom has passed away. =)

11:24 AM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

call her Kel!
And call your mom, too!

3:11 PM  
Blogger Kelley Anne said...

I called the lady. We cleared things up. She's going to report back to her "source".
As for my mom... I could't get through.

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home