Vital Social Issues n' Stuff with Kelley Anne

Sunday, November 19, 2006

80's Anthems


Often I'll hear a song in a mall or at a restaurant and I'm reminded of the movie it comes from. Sometimes I can't even recall the band's name but I know the movie that featured it!

This past week I kept hearing this one 80's song "If You Leave" which led to this blog!

Can you match these 80's movies with their anthem?

1. Pretty in Pink
2. Mannequin
3. The Breakfast Club
4. Say Anything
5. Ferris Bueller's Day Off

A. In Your Eyes, Peter Gabriel
B. Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now, Starship
C. If You Leave, OMD
D. Don't You Forget About Me, Simple Minds
E. Twist and Shout, The Beatles*

*not in fact an actual "80's pop song"... but popularized again in the 80's by this movie!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there, this is your favourite m.o.d. from your distant past :)i love your blog - it's very entertaining! you know I can match the movie and the song...I don't want to give anything away though :)

9:22 PM  
Blogger ricer said...

The 80's fan is here...I know a few- although I haven't seen any of the movies!

OMD's "If You Leave" - Pretty in Pink

Starship's "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us" - Mannequin

And that's all I've got...all of the songs are great though!

11:10 PM  
Blogger Bryan said...

Don't forget 'Danger Zone' or 'Take My Breath Away' from Top Gun!

12:58 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

hey Kelley I think you'd be amazing at this board game called 'Scene it'. Someone should get it for you as a x'mas present.

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ferris Bueller's Day Off - "Twist and Shout", The Beatles

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home