Vital Social Issues n' Stuff with Kelley Anne

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thankful for Brothers

It's my brother Jon's birthday today. He is my older-younger brother. We're only fourteen months apart!
As I circled his birthday on my calendar I realized his birthday is the same as American Thanksgiving which is funny because my younger-younger brother Mike was born on Canadian Thanksgiving! (but this year it landed on the Tuesday not the Monday holiday). When Mike was born my Dad wrote an article for the paper about "what we're truly thankful for" after the birth of his son. I think it was about healthcare.

Five Reasons I'm Thankful for Jon Today:
1. He defends my honor. (and incidentally has taken action to do so... let's just say I think he broke someone's nose in highschool)
2. We're very different but we have the same sense of humour; he makes me laugh!
3. He lets me call him Jonathan and be the "big sister".
4. He's passionate about history, music and kids and he's going to make a great teacher!
5. He introduced me to Camp Queen Elizabeth! Oh the memories!

*I don't have a good pic of him... so you'll have to settle for my Matthew Perry one.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Barretts said...

Happy Birthday, Jon! Enjoy your special day!

You have an awesome sister :)

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home